Thugs are jailed for total of more than 26 years after filming themselves stabbing man, 22, six times in residential street attach that he was lucky to survive
- Around 12 people were seen kicking, punching and knifing the victim in London
- Police also seized weapons, drugs, cash and clothing in their probe
- The men were found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent
A gang of yobs who filmed themselves stabbing a young man six times in broad daylight and posted it on social media have been jailed for more than 26 years.
Around 12 people were seen kicking, punching and knifing the 22-year-old victim in his head, back and arm in the video.
The thugs even taunted the man as he lay on the ground in a residential street in Willesden, north west London.
Keanu Brown (left) and Jordan Joseph (right) were found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent
He was left unconscious from the sickening assault on the afternoon of June 11 last year, and police say he is lucky to be alive after being treated at a central London hospital.
Detectives tracked down four of the thugs through CCTV and enquiries, and arrested them weeks later.
They also seized weapons, drugs, cash and clothing in their probe.
Keanu Brown, 18, Jordan Joseph, 21, Mickell Barnett, 20, and Keano (CORR) Mason, 19, were found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent after a trial at Woolwich Crown Court in south east London.
They were all cleared of attempted murder and sentenced at the same court on March 16.
Mickell Barnett (left) and Keano (CORR) Mason (right) were found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent
Brown and Joseph, both of Brent, north west London, were each sentenced to seven years and three months.
Barnett, of Enfield, North London, was locked up for six years and nine months.
Mason, of Brent, was caged for five years and eight months.
Their victim has been left with no lasting injuries, police said.
Five other suspects were cleared of attempted murder following trial.
A further four suspects also accused of attempted murder were due to face trial last month – but the charges were dropped.
Detective Sergeant Steven Colclough, of the Metropolitan Police, who investigated the case, said: ‘This was a vicious attack carried out on a residential street in broad daylight, and it was extremely fortunate the victim survived his injuries.
‘He was set upon by a large group of males, and his attackers showed how callous they were in filming the incident and posting it on social media.
‘Fast-time enquiries led officers to a large number of suspects who were arrested as part of the investigation, and the evidence collated by police resulted in these four men being brought to justice.’
Source: Read Full Article