Morgue monster David Fuller free to sexually assault corpses in 15-year rampage due to 'serious failings', probe finds | The Sun

MORGUE monster David Fuller was free to assault dead women for 15 years due to “serious failings” at the hospitals where he worked, a report found.

The double killer abused at least 101 women while working at mortuaries in Tunbridge Wells Hospital and at the former Kent and Sussex Hospital.

A probe has now found there were "missed opportunities" to stop the necrophiliac's 15-year rampage.

Inquiry chairman Sir Jonathan Michael said: "Failures of management, of governance, of regulation, failure to follow standard policies and procedures, together with a persistent lack of curiosity, all contributed to the creation of the environment in which he was able to offend, and to do so for 15 years without ever being suspected or caught.

"Over the years, there were missed opportunities to question Fuller's working practices.

"Had his colleagues, managers and senior leaders been more curious, it is likely that he would have had less opportunity to offend."

Read more news


Chilling moment images of 'morgue monster' abusing dead bodies are unearthed


Morgue monster jailed for four more years after sexually abusing 23 corpses

The inquiry also found dead people were left out of fridges overnight and during working hours at Tunbridge Wells Hospital.

Fuller also entered one mortuary 444 times in the space of one year "unnoticed and unchecked".

The probe has now made made 17 recommendations to prevent "similar atrocities", including installing CCTV and ensuring non-mortuary staff are always accompanied.

The electrician, known as the ‘Bedsit Killer’, was caught 33 years after Wendy Knell, 25, and Caroline Pierce, 20, were beaten and strangled in 1987.

Most read in The Sun


It’s shocking my armed cops would rather face a terrorist than a gangster


Real reason I’m A Celebrity’s Grace Dent quit as pals admit fears for star


Omid Scobie is a lickspittle making money peddling garbage about the Royals


Tommy Fury snubs Molly Mae on return to UK after partying with women in Dubai

Officers searching his home then found dozens of sick videos of him abusing the bodies of dead women for over a decade.

His youngest victim was a nine-year-old girl, along with two other children who were aged 16.

The oldest victim was 100 years old, with Fuller sometimes violating the bodies more than once.

Fuller was handed two whole life sentences for the murders.

He also pleaded guilty to 51 other offences – including 44 charges relating to 78 dead females.

The fiend was handed a further four years in prison after pleading guilty to sexually abusing the bodies of 23 more women.

Source: Read Full Article