Hamas took a Holocaust survivor in a wheelchair hostage, reveals Secretary of State Blinken – as Israel vows it will ‘do anything’ to rescue ‘more than 100’ taken
- Secretary of State Antony Blinken also confirmed Sunday that some number of Americans were likely killed and others taken by Hamas terrorists
- Horrifying videos of Hamas militants kidnapping elderly Israelis, as well as women and children, have circulated across the internet over the weekend
- On Saturday Palestinian terrorist group Hamas launched the worst attack on Israel in 50 years
Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday that among the 100 people kidnapped from Israel by Hamas terrorists was an elderly Holocaust survivor in a wheelchair.
Four Americans have also reportedly been killed in the massacre that began Saturday morning, according to CNN.
During an interview with CNN’s Dana Bash, Blinken described the Palestinian act of terror as the worst attack on Israel in 50 years, since the Yom Kippur War.
The top State Department official added that there is a ‘fundamental difference’ between the 1973 war, which was ‘state to state, country to country, army to army,’ and the assault launched by Hamas on Saturday, which he described as ‘a massive terrorist attack that is gunning down Israeli civilians in their towns, in their homes.’
The Secretary, who just several weeks ago, at the behest of the Biden Administration, engineered the transfer of $6billion to the Iranian regime, which funds Hamas, appeared to reference several horrifying videos circulating online of Israelis being kidnapped by Palestinian gunmen.
‘As we’ve seen so graphically, literally dragging people across the border with Gaza, including a Holocaust survivor in a wheelchair, women and children,’ he said.
‘So you can imagine the impact this is having throughout Israel, and the world should be revolted at what it has seen.’
Footage circulated widely across the internet over the weekend show militant Hamas terrorists kidnapping Israelis and parading them around the streets of Gaza
Blinken also confirmed Sunday that the administration believes several Americans have been killed in the ongoing conflict. That number is now believed to be four.
‘We have reports that several Americans were killed. We’re working overtime to verify that,’ he said on CNN’s State of the Union.
‘At the same time, there are reports of missing Americans, and there again, we’re working to verify those reports.’
Some 100 people – mostly Israelis, but some Americans – have been taken by Hamas terrorists since the attack began Saturday morning.
Ron Dermer, the Israeli Minister of Strategic Affairs confirmed the Americans are among the ‘scores’ of civilians who have been kidnapped by Hamas.
It is unclear exactly how many Americans have been taken, but the hostages include women, children and the elderly.
Eighty-five-year-old grandmother Yaffa Adar, was bundled into a golf buggy at gunpoint by a group of terrorists.
Her granddaughter Adva said the family lost contact with her late on Saturday evening after receiving a message from her saying she could hear fighting in the streets. They later found her home had been burned down.
‘We saw the videos showing men with guns taking her to Gaza. I cannot even start to imagine how scared she is, she’s 85, she’s sick and she has no medicine with her,’ Adva said.
‘She’s putting on a brave face, taking charge of the situation and showing her captors a glimpse of her unbreakable resolve.’
Hamas claimed to have fired 5,000 rockets into Israel from the occupied Gaza Strip, setting off air raid sirens in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
85-year-old Yaffa Adar, was bundled into a golf buggy at gunpoint by a group of terrorists.
Another image showed a woman, who is being held hostage, holding a gun and putting her hands up in a peace sign alongside a member of Hamas in a balaclava
Israel has no choice but to meet force with force. The Middle East’s only democracy has every right to defend itself (Pictured: Gaza on Sunday)
Israelis walk by a blown up police station in Sderot that was destroyed during a battle with Hamas militants who had overtaken the building
Rockets are fired from Gaza toward Israel on Saturday night, October 7
A rescue worker from the Magen David Adom disaster relief service looks on as cars burn at the site of a rocket attack in Ashkelon, southern Israel
Speaking on Saturday night, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a dire warning to Hamas militants: ‘I tell Hamas, you are responsible for the wellbeing of captives, Israel will settle the score with anyone who harms them.’
He vowed to defeat the group, but said the war would ‘take time’, continuing: ‘What happened today has never been seen in Israel, we will take mighty vengeance for this black day.’
Promising ‘mighty vengeance,’ he vowed to reduce Gaza to ‘rubble,’ telling innocent Palestinians to leave immediately. Hamas, he said, will pay ‘a price it has never known.’
Soon after, a convey of tanks were reported to be heading towards the border with Gaza.
On Saturday morning Hamas, the Palestinian terror organization that controls the Gaza Strip, unleashed a brutal attack against Israel, sending 2,000 rockets into the neighboring territory in addition to a ferocious ground assault.
More than 700 Israelis have been killed and thousands are missing and injured.
Palestinian terrorists were seen parading Israeli hostages through the streets in disturbing videos that have been shared across social media.
Source: Read Full Article