The city’s annual Macy’s Fourth of July fireworks blowout in New York Harbor could be a no-go because of the coronavirus crisis, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday.
“Hard to see it today,” de Blasio said during a conference call with reporters when asked about the annual, nationally televised July 4 blowout that draws hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers to vantage points throughout the city ands rooftops across the boroughs.
“That is obviously one of the most important days of the year,” the mayor said.
Hizzoner explained that “discussions” about the massive fireworks show have not yet begun at his level, and noted, “that one we have some time to sort out.”
“I’m going to reserve judgement on that for a little bit while we see what health care facts tell us,” said de Blasio, who added that it is, “Hard to see right now.”
The mayor made the comments about what would be the city’s 44th annual fireworks show after previously cancelling all city-permitted parades and events for the months of May and June.
Source: Read Full Article