Dan Walker quizzes Therese Coffey about ‘flat refurbishment’
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Quizzing has grown in popularity throughout the Covid pandemic. Now lockdown measures are easing, the love and enjoyment of quizzes does not need to end. Express.co.uk has compiled a list of 15 questions for you and your family to answer on the month of May.
1. May is named after which Roman goddess?
2. Cinco de Mayo is celebrated in May – but what event does it commemorate?
3. If you are born in May, what is your birthstone and what does it represent?
4. On what date did the Mayflower leave England for the Virginia Colony?
5. What sort of dancing is traditionally linked to May Day celebrations?
6. What is the name of the annual meteor shower each May first discovered in 1870?
7. Which of these famous people did not have a birthday in May: Audrey Hepburn, JM Barrie, Peggy Lee, Marilyn Monroe or Florence Nightingale?
8. The Eurovision song contest is held each May – but when did it first begin?
9. There are two zodiac signs for May, but what are they?
10. Only one of Shakespeare’s plays mentions a maypole – but what is it?
11. The Empire State Building opened its doors on May 1 of what year?
12. What constituency does Theresa May represent?
13. What is the end of this saying “marry in may and…”?
14. What are the two birth flowers for those born in May?
15. Why is May considered a lucky month for US Presidents?
Kids quiz questions and answers: 15 questions for your home pub quiz [INSIGHT]
Who said it quiz questions and answers: 15 questions on famous quotes [EXPLAINER]
Food origins quiz questions and answers: 15 questions for your quiz [PICTURES]
2. The victory of the Mexican army over the French army at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.
3. Emerald and it represents love and success.
4. August 15, 1620.
5. Morris dancing.
6. Eta Aquariids meteor shower
7. Marilyn Monroe
9. Taurus and Gemini.
10. Midsummer Night’s Dream
13. You’ll rue the day
14. The Lily of Valley and the Crataegus monogyna.
15. No US President has ever died in May.
Source: Read Full Article