Prince Philip to remain in hospital ‘into next week’ and ‘isn’t allowed visitors’ as he rests

Get the best celeb exclusives and video house tours to your inbox every evening with our daily newsletter

The Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip will reportedly stay in hospital into next week.

According to The Sun Online, the 99 year old will continue to be under observation as he rests up over the weekend after feeling unwell.

A royal source told the publication: "Following consultation with his doctor The Duke of Edinburgh is likely to remain in hospital for observation and rest over the weekend and into next week.

"As we have said previously the doctor is acting with an abundance of caution. The Duke remains in good spirits."

  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle lose patronages as they permanently step down as working members of Royal family

  • Kate Middleton’s top styling tricks to ensure you never have a wardrobe malfunction again

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

A second source added: “Everyone loves a visitor when they are feeling low in hospital but the Duke will be extremely stoic about it.

“He knows the nation is sending their thoughts and prayers. The Duke has been in HMS Bubble for almost a year so he is used to all kinds of restrictions.

“He has barely been able to see his family for the past year. He knows only too well people have been going through worse than him.”

OK! Online has approached the Queen and Philip's representatives for further comment.

  • Sign up for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the gossip straight to your phone

So far, Prince Philip has spent three nights in hospital after feeling ill at Windsor Castle, where he had been staying with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

He was taken to King Edward VI Hospital in London on 16 February to stay there "for a few days".

ITV's royal correspondent Chris Ship broke the news to his 74,000 Twitter followers, writing: "Prince Philip was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London, on Tuesday evening."

He added: "Royal spokesperson says it was taken as 'precautionary measure', on the advice of His Royal Highness's Doctor, after feeling unwell.


Who is in line for the throne after the Queen as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announce second child

"We are told the Duke of Edinburgh is 'expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.' Prince Philip has been staying in Windsor with the Queen during the lockdown."

The Duke's grandson Prince Harry is reportedly self isolating at home with his pregnant wife Meghan Markle and their one year old son Archie in case he needs to rush back to England if Prince Philip's condition worsens.

It's been claimed that Harry has decided to stay cooped up in his and 39 year old Meghan's California mansion in case he needs to fly home at short notice.

The Royal Family

  • Kate Middleton’s top styling tricks …
  • Kate Middleton's favourite designer …
  • Meet the royal youngsters whose fabu…
  • Princess Eugenie's pregnancy journey…
  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's pregnancy announcement 'secretly linked' to Princess Diana

Harry is said to be being kept "regularly informed" of his grandfather's condition and has "made arrangements to fly by private jet" if needs be.

A source said of the Prince's decision: "Harry is of course concerned for his grandfather's welfare and is being kept regularly informed on his condition.

"He has chosen to stay in case he is required to return to the UK at short notice," the insider continued to tell the Mirror.

The publication went on to claim that Harry would be tested for coronavirus before leaving the US and again before entering the UK if he were to fly home.

Source: Read Full Article