Piers Morgan has ‘not left the building’ says Richard Madeley
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Piers Morgan, 56, has made a surprising declaration after his sudden departure from Good Morning Britain back in March. The presenter infamously stormed off the ITV show’s set following a debate with co-star Alex Beresford over Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Piers has now hinted he would be more than willing to return to the programme to revive its ratings.
In his latest column, the outspoken star pointed out how ratings have dropped by nearly 75 per cent since his explosive final show in March.
However, after hearing that the show has reportedly been looking for a female presenting partner to join Susanna Reid, Piers quipped he would have to identify as a woman to “appease the woke brigade” in order to get his job back.
He penned: “Good Morning Britain’s tumbling ratings have plunged to their lowest ever level as just 451,000 people tuned in to Wednesday’s show with comedian Adil Ray sitting in my old chair.
“Newspaper reports today suggest ITV want Susanna Reid to have a female presenting partner to stop the rot.
“If it appeases the woke brigade, I’m prepared to identify as a woman to get the ratings back to the peak of 1.9million where I left them.”
Piers previously shared he would identify as a woman in an exchange with boxer and former Strictly Come Dancing star Nicola Adams.
It came after Nicola recently wrote on Twitter: “Which famous person would you like to see me fight ???
“I know you want Piers Morgan but it needs to be a female [laughing emoji].”
Piers seemed unfazed by Nicola’s comment, as he replied: “I’m currently identifying as female… bring it on.”
The host sparked backlash from GMB viewers when he suggested he didn’t believe the Duchess of Sussex when she said she was suicidal while working as a senior member of the Royal Family in the UK.
The presenter’s on-air rants about Meghan’s chat with Oprah before his exit from the show sparked 57,000 Ofcom complaints, which marked a record number for the TV regulator.
‘They’ve played a blinder!’ Fern Britton speaks out on Lilibet Diana [OPINION]
James Corden says he finds ‘orgies terrifying’ amid body hang ups [COMMENT]
Harry and Meghan’s critics shut down by James Jordan over baby name [INSIGHT]
Meghan also complained about Piers’ words to both ITV and Ofcom.
During her interview, Meghan spoke candidly to Oprah on her time as a member of the Royal Family while living in the UK with Harry and their son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
The Duchess of Sussex described the Queen as being “really welcoming” in one part, however, she also discussed how she felt upset after Archie was not made a prince.
She went on to claim that there were multiple conversations and concerns about “how dark” her son’s skin colour would be before he was born.
The host asked who made such a statement. However, Meghan would not reveal who it was, saying it would be “very damaging” to their reputation.
After leaving GMB, Piers has not yet shared any details about his next move in his TV career.
ITV boss Kevin Lygo spoke out on the lack of replacement for Piers recently after his exit, explaining: “Piers is a special thing. You can’t replace somebody like him. There is nobody like Piers, for good or bad.
“We have a roster of presenters, including Ben [Shephard], Susanna [Reid], Charlotte [Hawkins] and Kate [Garraway].
“They’re all stepping up and doing a few more days than they would have done.”
Source: Read Full Article