Meghan Markle Claims in Text Prince Harry Faced Constant Berating From Royal Family

In a text message which was sent in August 2018, the Duchess of Sussex voiced concerns about the matter to her former communications secretary Jason Knauf.

AceShowbizMeghan Markle said that British royal family constantly berated Prince Harry over the drama with her father, Thomas Markle. In a new text message that were shared in court on Friday, November 12, Meghan voiced concerned about the matter to royal aide Jason Knauf.

In a text message which was sent in August 2018, the Duchess of Sussex said to her former communications secretary, “The catalyst for my doing this [sending the letter] is seeing how much pain this is causing H. Even after a week with his dad [Prince Charless] and endlessly explaining the situation, his family seem to forget the context – and revert to ‘can’t she just go and see him and make this stop?’ “

“They fundamentally don’t understand so at least by writing [a letter] H will be able to say to his family…’she wrote him a letter and he’s still doing it,’ ” the mom of two added. “By taking this form of action I protect my husband from this constant berating, and while unlikely perhaps it will give my father a moment to pause.” Meghan sent the letter after her and Harry’s May 2018 nuptials.

“Obviously everything I have drafted is with the understanding that it could be leaked so I have been meticulous in my word choice but please do let me know if anything stands out for you as a liability,” Meghan wrote in the text.  Among the choice was calling Thomas “daddy.”

“Given I’ve only ever called him daddy it makes sense to open as such (despite him being less than paternal), and in the unfortunate event that it leaked it would pull at the heartstrings,” the Duchess told Jason, who accused Meghan of bullying later in October of the year.

Additionally, Jason addressed the court regarding his collaboration with “Finding Freedom” authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand. According to the former secretary, he and Meghan discussed the book “on a routine basis,” adding that he corresponded with Prince Harry about his talks with Scobie and Durand.

Prince Harry allegedly responded in an email to Knauf, “I totally agree that we have to be able to say we didn’t have anything to do with it. Equally, you giving the right context and background to them would help get some truths out there.” Prince Harry and Meghan Markle previously claimed that they “were not interviewed and did not contribute to Finding Freedom.”

Following Jason’s testimony, Meghan apologized for forgetting about communications with him in which she authorized him to speak to the authors of the biography “Finding Freedom”. “I had absolutely no wish or intention to mislead the Defendant or the Court,” so she said.

Source: Read Full Article