Ben Bryant was placed on life support when he left a chip pan on the stove and almost burnt down his home in Gravesend, Kent.
He was left on life support for three-and-a-half days after being rescued.
The DIY expert’s mum Sarah, 57, told Kent Online: “There was loads of soot in his lungs.”
“The investigating officer said if he had been found on the bed he wouldn’t be here today.
Ben, who worked as a specialist floor layer and appeared on ITV’s 60 Minute Makeover in 2013, recalled putting chips on the cooker in a chip pan and falling asleep.
READ MORE: 22 Kids and Counting star gives sad health update as daughter to undergo surgery[LATEST]
He was found on the floor by emergency services after neighbours called the fire brigade.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article