NOW is the perfect time to indulge in some home comforts – and flapjacks are the perfect sweet treat to finish off the day.
Even better, you can whip up the oat-based baking staple with just three ingredients, making it the perfect dessert to create with kids this Easter.
As well as – of course – oats, all you need on top of that is butter and golden syrup.
If you've got some dried fruit or chocolate chips, feel free to throw them in the mix too.
According to Metro.co.uk, add any extras to the oats before you drizzle on the remaining components.
This will ensure everything is spread evenly across the finished result.
What you need for three-ingredient flapjack…
- 200g butter
- Six tablespoons of golden syrup
- 330g porridge oats
Now you've got what you need, here's how to put them all together…
- Begin by heating the oven to 180C, and then use a little butter to grease a baking tray or two, and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the main portion of butter along with the golden syrup in a saucepan on a low heat and stir.
- Place the oats – then any toppings – into a bowl and pour the butter and syrup over the top.
- Mix well until it's all combined.
- Then transfer the flapjack mixture into the baking trays, ensuring it is spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When you've removed it from the oven, allow to cool before cutting it into pieces. Enjoy.
In other food news, we told you how a thrifty mum has made butter at hoe using just one ingredient.
We also revealed how a savvy mum has explained her meal prep tips for creating zero waste.
And people are making pizza dough at home with just two ingredients.
Source: Read Full Article