WE all know how hard the old man is to buy for – Christmas gifts for Dad can be a struggle.
That's why we've put together this bumper lists of the best festive gifts for dads, to make shopping that bit easier for you.
Whether you're looking for something fun, functional, tech-y, or just a little bit sweet to show him that you care, you'll find something perfect in our round-up below.
Our list covers everything from top-end gadgets to fun days out – and yes, there are a quite a few beer-related gifts too.
Of course, you might also want to keep in mind that a month before Christmas there will be the Black Friday sales – a prime opportunity to pick up a cracking gift for less than usual.
For gents in general, there's also our list of the best Christmas gifts for him, as well as our best Christmas gifts for boyfriends.
Sentimental gifts for dads
If you're looking for a genuinely heartwarming pressie for your dad this Christmas, take a look at the suggestions below – we cover everything from personalised prints to cosy slippers.
- Personalised Scratch-Off 92 Football Grounds Print, £16.29, Not On The High Street – buy here
- Sausage Dog Mule Slippers, £15, Marks & Spencer – buy here
- Personalised Men's Golf Glove, £23, Not On The High Street – buy here
- Personalised Multi-Photo Leather Envelope Keyring, £35, Etsy – buy here
Alcohol gifts for dads
We're sure your dad is looking forward to a tipple over the festive period – why not treat him to one of the booze-based gifts below?
- The Staying Inn Lager Gift Box, £27.50, Not On The High Street – buy here
- The Whisky Tasting Company Single Malt Gift Set, £35.95, Not On The High Street – buy here
- Laphroaig Islay Select Single Malt Whisky (700ml), £25, Amazon – buy here
- BrewDog Punk IPA Beer Making Kit, £45, Menkind – buy here
- Beer Hawk Cheers 12-Bottle Craft Crate, £32, Beer Hawk – buy here
Experience gifts for dads
One great option for fathers is an experience-based gift – you can be sure that a special day out somewhere will be something your dad cherishes forever.
- Two-for-one 60-Minute Segway Experience, £39, Buyagift – buy here
- Full Day of Paintballing for Four, £39, Buyagift – buy here
- Vineyard Tour and Tasting For Two, £34, Menkind – buy here
- Classic Car Driving Experience, £39, Virgin Experience Days – buy here
Unique gifts for dads
If you want to treat your dad to something a little quirky and left-field this Christmas, here are a few offbeat options.
- Beer And Curry Night In (6 beers and spice kit), £27.75, Not On The High Street – buy here
- Personalised Whiskey Tumbler In Solid Oak, £39.95, Not On The High Street – buy here
- Personalised Naga Hot Sauce Gift Box, £35, Menkind – buy here
- Personalised Lyrics Record Print, £35 Not On The High Street – buy here
Gadgets for dads
If your dad's the sort of person who appreciates something useful, here are a few tech-related suggestions – and they're all from brand we trust and recommend.
- Akaso EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera, £69.99, Amazon – buy here
- Honor Band 6 Smartwatch, £44.99, Amazon – buy here
- Personalised In-Charge Apple Charging Station, £32, Not On The High Street – buy here
- Orskey Full HD Dash Cam, £26.95, Amazon – buy here
- Echo Show 5 (first-generation), £39.99, Amazon – buy here
Fun gifts for dads
If your dad's a big kid at heart, then look through these fun (and a little bit silly) gift options – we know that Lego set will keep him busy after Christmas dinner.
- Star Wars The Mandalorian 8-inch Cable Guy, £25, Menkind – buy here
- Lego Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Race Car, £39.99, Amazon – buy here
- Tobbie the Self-Guiding AI Robot, £30, Menkind – buy here
- Papa Bear Dad Half Pint Mug, £19.95, John Lewis – buy here
Gifts for dads that have everything
If you've got a dad who simply buys everything he wants, then surprise him with something a little unusual, or something he'd never usually treat himself to.
- Dior Eau Sauvage Aftershave Balm (100ml), John Lewis – buy here
- Grown Your Own Bonsai Tree, £13, Menkind – buy here
- Happy Socks Big Dot 4-Pack, £35.95, Happy Socks – buy here
- Ancestry Kit, £79, 23andMe – buy here
What do you buy your dad for Christmas?
That's where the guide above comes in handy.
We've covered a range of gift ideas, ranging from affordable options to stuff that's extra-special. Gadgets, footwear, alcohol, experiences: we've got it covered.
And even if you don't see anything you like in our selection of Christmas gift ideas, we think it will inspire you to go hunting for something else.
What do you buy the dad who wants nothing?
Oh dear: is your dad a bit of an Ebenezer?
Our advice is to treat him to a coupon code or voucher – but for a store he would never normally shop at.
For example, a voucher from a department store gives him an opportunity to invest in some toiletries (dads deserve pampering too), or an item of clothing that he would never usually buy for himself.
What should I get my boyfriend's dad for Christmas?
If you're trying to impress your other half's father, our advice is not to spend too much – instead, to pick out something modest but thoughtful.
You could opt for a classy pair of socks, a book in the bestsellers list, or even a particularly nice bottle of wine.
Low-cost but well-chosen items like this should guarantee you a place in your boyfriend's dad's good books this Christmas.
What should I get my dad for Christmas for under £10?
Fab presents needn't cost big bucks: most dads will appreciate a box of chocolates, or a selection of beers this Christmas.
If he's a keen cook, a bottle of extra-virgin olive oil or selection of spices might be appreciated.
There are plenty of excellent books for less than £10 on Amazon – in fact, you'll find an entire section dedicated to them.
Or if he likes music, why not hunt out some old vinyl bargains on eBay?
What's a good Christmas present for a new dad?
If you know a new dad then a personalised gift would go down a treat, as it's something he'll treasure forever.
It might be a personalisable art print, or leather wallet, or even a photo album.
Not on the High Street is a particular good store for these kind of options – we've listed some of them in our suggestions above.
What should I buy the dad who has everything?
Dads can be difficult to buy for, as when they want something, they often just purchase it straight away.
But feat not: we've put aside an entire section above to dads who (seem to) already have it all.
Consider a luxe version of an everyday item, or an experience-based gift – if it's something you and he can do together, then all the better, that might be the gift he really wants.
When should I begin Christmas shopping?
You mean you haven't already started?!
There's no way around it: the earlier you start, the whole let less stressful it will be later down the line, when you'll be fighting crowds, or looking for items that are low in stock.
For more expensive items, we do suggest you keep an eye on retailers' Black Friday offers.
While it officially falls on Friday November 26 this year, you can expect the deals to start appearing a good fortnight earlier – or even as early as the beginning of November.
For a full lowdown, head to our When is Black Friday article.
Should I buy Christmas presents during Black Friday?
Like we say, Black Friday is a great time to find deals on Christmas gifts – and it's obviously scheduled at the end of November with the festive market in mind.
If you're thinking of treating dad to a pricier present than usual – for example, a piece of tech – then we definitely advise you to hold your spending back until the November sales madness kicks off.
Not sure where to start searching for deals? Take a look through our list of Black Friday deals pages.
Looking for the best beauty advent calendar? Here are our top picks.
Loved our roundup of the best Christmas gifts for Dad? Check out our top shopping guides on Sun Selects here.
You may also want to look at our pick of the best Black Friday tech deals.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article